Thursday, October 2, 2008

Awake in me…

Song of Solomon 5:2
I slept but my heart was awake.

No more needs to be said to the sleepy heart. Wake up! Wake up and hear the voice of the Savior. Wake up, and come into His presence. Wake up, and see it is He that brings what you need. Wake up! Call to Him in the dark, in your moments of despair and loneliness. Wake up! Tell the world of His saving grace. O sleepy heart and lazy body, wake up!! Spend those precious moments with the King. Wake up, and be refreshed in the morning. Wake up!

Heavenly Father, though my heart is awake and listening to you, my sleepy body longs to be in your intimate presence. Precious Father, cleanse me of the dirt and mud that clings to me and weighs me down. Remove the clods of pride, gluttony, selfishness, and laziness that have found a finger hold on me. Open the water falls of heaven and bathe me in your refreshing rain of forgiveness. Wash me clean and fill me with your bread of life. Quench my thirsty soul with your living water. Fill my dark heart with your love so bright; a flame so warm that all the world may know You. Fill me to overflowing so that I may carry Your love, Your light, wherever I go.

No comments: