Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Anniversary of Love

Song of Solomon 8:6
"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal over your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame."

There is a great void in the heart of one who has lost a loved one. “Many waters cannot quench love, rivers cannot wash it away” (Song 8:7), but it would seem as though the tears that are shed could fill many waters and rivers by themselves.

The expanse of this void is great. It would seem that at every turn the empty darkness is there; through memories, through certain smells, through familiar activities. It is there through family members, through friends, and co-workers.

The pain that is felt is deep. It is felt to the very core of your being. At times it would seem that your grief could cover you in a dark abyss with no hope of getting out.

Beloved child of God, there is hope. For, “Everything written in the past was written to teach us, so that we might have hope through endurance and encouragement of the scriptures.” (Rom 15:4) What a wonderful Heavenly Father we have. He wrote to us before this moment in our life. He tucked the notes away and placed them where we would find them; notes of love, hope, and strength.

In the darkened sorrow of our grief God’s love is ever present. As we blink through our tears, God’s love is seen in the distance. God’s love burns for His creation that is tormented in the pain of despair and loneliness. God’s love burns bright for His child through the outpouring expressions of others.

God’s flame of love grows bright; it becomes a mighty flame of warmth and love as the Heavenly Father kneels down and wraps His arms around His grieving child and whispers, “Hush child. Rest my child, be still, and let me hold you in the stillness of this moment. You are precious in my sight. You are my pride and joy. Rest my love. For there is no greater love than My love. Rest my child, I know your pain. The love you have known is great, but My love for you is greater, it is an everlasting love and I will never leave you. (Jer 31:3) It is in these moments that I would have you know the depth and breadth, and height and width of My love.”

“For My love burns bright, it is a mighty flame. No matter how dark and deep your pain, My love will shine through the darkness. It will erase all the shadows of grief; it will remove the storm clouds of fear. Its warmth penetrates the very core of your being and into the sunken heart of despair. My love is greater than death itself, for no grave can hold back the love that I have for you.”

“Grieve no more my child, for I am here. I will never leave you nor forsake you. Though My thoughts are not your thoughts, I have a plan and a purpose for your life and a reason for your grief. (Isa 55:9-10) Rest my child, for in the morning your strength will be renewed. Rest, I am here."

Father in heaven, help me to see the light of your love in this darkness of pain. Grant me the willingness to remain out of this despair and rest in You, for you are my strength. Awaken me each day with the whispers of your love and the warmth of resting in You. You are my hope, my joy, and my peace. Rain down the radiance of your love and fill me inside and out with Your presence. Carry me Lord, for the load of this pain is too heavy for me to bear. Carry me, for I cannot see through my rivers of tears. You, Lord, are my Rock and my Redeemer, my God in whom I trust.

No comments: