Sunday, February 22, 2009

Teach Me

Psalm 119:66
Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I believe in your commands.


Having read this scripture it has me thinking about my life. The different things I would like to do. The things I want to do. The things I know I should do but haven’t done. And I am reminded of the words of God towards David. “A man after mine own heart, which shall fulfill all my will.” (Acts 13:22)

I want a heart like David. I want to love God so much that everything I do is screened through that window of love. I want to love Him more. I want to know Him more. I want to obey Him more. I want to do what He wants me to do and I want to do it with all my heart and inner most being.

My heart cries “Teach Me.” Fill my heart with such a hungered passion to know You and Your enduring word that nothing satisfies this craving but You. Empty out all the worldly distractions and replace them with your Holy Spirit and your Holy Word. Teach me knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. “Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.” (Psalm 25:4-5)

Teach me that I may know good judgment; that I might form reasonable plans to present before you. Teach me, that my life might be a testimony of your great love!

Teach me, that I may be a light in this darken world, that others might be drawn to this light and enter into your everlasting love and heavenly kingdom.

Teach me, for my ways are wicked and my thoughts are only of me. Teach me, that I may teach my children what You mean to me.

Teach me, for I believe in your commandments.

No comments: