Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Glimpse of Heaven

I stand amazed and in wonder at the beauty beyond words - The King of Kings upon the throne, the angels of heaven in all their splendor singing and praising the great I AM, the saints of old in all perfection, the streets of gold, the mansions of glory, and the river of life which flows through the gates of glory. What a sight to behold. What a place of splendor and majesty. And who am I that I should be called the daughter of the King? Who am I that I deserve to be ransomed to glory? Who am I that You are mindful of me? Who am I that You love me? Who am I that You died upon the tree at Calvary? Who am I that I should stand in the presence of Your glory?

Ever mindful of the eternal hope that is within me, I can’t help but realize that though I stand amazed others will wiggle and scream in torment and pain, crying for the living water to quench their thirst and free them from the place of eternal judgment. Others who knew not the truth, others who rejected the truth, others who thought there was no end, others who thought I have no sin, others who lived for themselves and said there is no God.

In humbled silence and wonder of heart, a fragrant aroma of the Heavenly Father is near. He bids, “Will you go? Will you tell? Will you share? Will you love? For I long, I desire, that all men will know Me. Will you be the one?

Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrated his own love for us in this; While we were still sinners Christ died for us. (Rom 5:7-9)

No comments: