Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Got love?

I know a love that is so cold.
It harbors itself within the fold.
Thinking life is mighty fine;
With workings of the joyous kind.

Yet deep within the heart is collow
For this love is awfully shallow.
The err that brought me to my knees
Struggles to yield and joys to bring.

If this love is born of err
How can it grow ever fairer?
Twas grace that taught this heart of mine
It led me to this Savior divine.

O mighty Savior draw me near.
Let me see within the mirror
The wretched state of my affairs
How tainted and filthy I appear.

May my heart soon behold
The dark within that I’ve been sold.
Regardless of the gifts I bring
Forever ugly tis this being.

May the darkness ever behold
Never once to grow cold.
Remind me always of my shame
And grow my love for You - I claim.
Luke 7:47

No comments: