Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sing for the King

2 Samuel 6:5
And David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments.

Where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst.
I am Jehovah Shammah; the God who is here. I am with you always. I am the God of all creation. I am the First and the Last. I am the One who is, and was, and is to come. I am Emmanuel. I am the Prince of Peace. I am the Potter. I am the Vine. I am the Author and Finisher of your faith. I Am the Lord God Almighty.

The knowledge of who God was, and is, and is to come should bring us to our knees in reverence. The knowledge should indwell our hearts and minds. It should stir our feet to dance, our lips to sing, and our hands be raised in praise to the King.

He is the beginning of all life. He is the sustainer of present life. He is Eternal life. And we are the first fruits of His creation. We are loved. We are cared for. We are - because He is.

Everyday we look in the mirror we should see the God who created us, and our hearts should fill our minds with awe and our lips with praise. We like David and all Israel, should play, sing, and dance in His presence. Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty.

No comments: