Saturday, September 13, 2008

JUNK

Ezekiel 16:4-14
On the day you were born…no one looked on you with pity, or had compassion for you. Rather, you were thrown out into the open field, for on the day you were born you were despised. Then I saw you…and said to you, “Live!” I made you grow…you grew up and developed and became the most beautiful of jewels. Later I passed by…and saw you were old enough to love…and you became mine. You became very beautiful…because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect, declares the Sovereign Lord.

Hurricane Ike is pushing its way through Houston, Texas and on towards Dallas, Texas. Reports are already coming in of people stranded, tossed, battered, beaten, and tormented by the effects of the storm. Pleas for help are being reported to every 911 center in the area. For some, rescue is immediate, but for others it will be many more hours before rescue teams can enter the ravaged areas.

As I watch and listen to these reports, I am reminded of the day my Heavenly Father rescued me. When I was born, “the Father of this world” despised me. There was no compassion or love in his heart. There was only hatred and contempt. So he tossed me aside. He left me - alone. He left me to fend for myself.

As the King of Heaven and Earth traveled by, He saw me. He stopped, reached down and picked me up. Holding me in His arms He breathed His breath of life into me and said, “Live!” Everyday He watched and whispered words of encouragement and love. He “made me grow.” And when I was old enough to understand all that He had done for me, I was “old enough to love,” and He “took me” for Himself.

I became beautiful because of the splendor and majesty He has lavished on me. I have been made beautiful and perfect in His sight, in His timing, and with His provision of beauty and grace. When I was naked and alone, He clothed me. When I was tired and weak, He lifted me, carried me, and encouraged me onward. When I became dirty from my daily travels, He washed and cleansed me; making me beautiful once again. I became beautiful, because of – Him.

O Father, Savior, and King, I am overwhelmed with the selfless love you have shown toward me. Despised by this world - you have loved me for all eternity. A wretched lump of life, yet beautiful and perfected by Your Might. You have fed me at your banqueting table, clothed me with your righteousness, and adorned me with jewels of trials and temptations, and pearls of patience. I am “very beautiful” because of Your splendor, love, and care. Sovereign Lord, I am full. I am in love with You. I am Yours. Use me…

Here is a video on GodTube that is similar... http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ee73e63418003b47d7d5&msg=Your%20email%20has%20been%20successfully%20sent%20to%20your%20friend.

No comments: