Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Praise the Lord

Psalm 150:6
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.

As I sit here this morning the dawn of the new day is transitioned with a beautiful chorus from the birds outside the window. A beautiful melody. A song of a new day. A song of provision. A song of beauty and love and joined by others. O, “let everything that hath breath praise the Lord.”

How is it that the birds have a new song every morning and I struggle to get out of bed and whisper a simple, “Good morning Lord?” Every morning should be filled with a new song in my heart. Every morning I should dance with joy that my Redeemer lives and death has lost its sting. Every morning I should recall the “work of His hand” in all creation and in my own life. Every morning I should know His loving forgiveness that removes my shame as “far as the east is from the west.” Every morning I should know that He fills my cup with joy and it runs over. Every morning I should know the expanse of His love that nailed my Savior to the cross. Every morning my heart should sing with the birds; singing praises to the King who was, who is, and who is to come.

Praise God in his sanctuary.
Praise him in the firmament of his power.
Praise him for his mighty acts.
Praise him according to his excellent greatness.
Praise him with the sound of the trumphet.
Praise him with the psaltery and harp.
Praise him with the timbrel and dance.
Praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
Praise him upon the loud cymbols.
Praise him upon the high-sounding cymbols.
Let everything that hath breath praise the lord.
Praise ye the Lord. (Psalm 150)

No comments: