Thursday, April 30, 2009

Faint Not

Galatians 6:9
And let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

More than anything, my desire is to continue walking in the Spirit as I have been instructed to do; seeking continued and constant fellowship with my King. Starting my day, praising Him for the great things He has done and continuing that attitude throughout the day. Being, in a sense, romantically infatuated with my Beloved in that every conscious thought dwells on God’s beauty, glory, and grace. Every action is thought of multiple times before doing them. “Would my Beloved approve of this behavior? Would my Beloved desire that I speak to this person in such a manner? Would my Beloved want me to buy this beggar lunch? Would these things please my Beloved?”

O, do not grow weary in doing well. Do not grow weary in God’s love. Though your body be tired and your heart feels not the warmth of love for your Beloved, His light of love will never grow dim. He remains constant; unchanging and unmoved by your emotions. His love is everlasting. It burns like a mighty flame. It’s jealousy is strong as death, but no grave can hold it. His love carried Him to the cross. His love died for you. His love bore the burden, guilt, and shame of your sin. His love “thought it not robbery to be equal with God; but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.” (Phil 2:6-9)

O, faint not in doing well. Live each day madly in love with Your Savior and King. Awake each morning, stirred to love and sing praises to the King. Walk not with the flesh, but walk with the Spirit of truth. Allow Him to consume your every conscious and waking thought. Let every action or word be spoken through the filtering hands, heart, and mind of the Holy Spirit. It is He whom God left to guide us, comfort us, and teach us all things that He has said.

O, wayward heart, may this day forever change my life, fellowship, and daily walk with my King, my Beloved. O, wayward heart, faint not in well doing for in due season it will reap.

No comments: